Effective July 1, 2015, all Orangevale residents who were previously served by the Twin Lakes Food Bank will now be served by the Orangevale Food Bank. Please see the letter below to our new Orangevale neighbors transitioning over from Twin Lakes.
To Our New Clients from Twin Lakes Food Bank,
Welcome! As you’ve hopefully been made aware, the Twin Lakes Food Bank will be transferring its Orangevale-based clients to the Orangevale Food Bank effective July 1, 2015. We have been preparing for several months to serve you in the best way possible during your transition to our Food Bank. This letter outlines the important things that you should know to make your visit the best possible.
1. Food Pick Up: You may pick up food once a month, every month. (For example, you can pick up on June 30th and again on July 5th. You do not have to wait 30 calendar days to pick up food, but you will only be allowed to receive food once per month.)
2. Required Documents: Please bring a form of identification and a piece of mail with your current address during all visits. (During your initial visit, you must bring proof of residence for all individuals in your household. This can be in the form of a piece of mail or school report card.)
3. Distribution Details: We distribute fresh produce and non-perishable items, as well as a variety of other items based on availability, including meat, dairy, bread, pastries, flowers and more. Our distribution days and times are:
- Wednesdays between 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thursdays between 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
4. Bags: Please bring your own reusable bags.
5. Special Events:
- Thanksgiving: We provide a separate Thanksgiving meal distribution in addition to our regular November monthly distribution.
- Christmas: We partner with local churches and organizations in the area that host or sponsor special events for families, including toy drives. Information is typically provided to our families in late November/December.
- Easter: We do not currently provide a separate Easter distribution.
- 5th Thursday Super Service Day: On months where a fifth Thursday falls, we host additional services during our regular Thursday distribution hours. Past services have included Sacramento County Services, Ditch the Drive Thru (cooking demonstrations for making fast, affordable meals), general counseling services, Cycle4Hope (bike repair service) and more. Our next 5th Thursday Super Services Day will be held July 31st.
6. Volunteering: If you’re interested in volunteering, we have many opportunities available which are posted in our online Volunteer Center.
The Orangevale Food Bank’s mission is to share God’s love by providing food, resources, and hope to local families. We are thankful for the opportunity to be able to serve you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.