Pow Wow Days Weekend and Serve Day 2014
Orangevale’s annual town fair, Pow Wow Days, and Bayside’s Annual Serve Day, collectively provide an opportunity to bring people together to do amazing things at the Orangevale Food Bank. With a band of volunteers from Bayside Church and several other local churches, we were able to complete a number of projects that serve not only to improve the appearance of the Food Bank, but to make it an inviting, welcoming place to those who volunteer, the neighbors we serve, and our community.
We had an ambitious list of projects, but thanks to our amazing volunteers, we were able to accomplish so much together, including:
- Pancake breakfast served over 250 people
- Participated in the Pow Wow Days parade
- Collected over 2,000 pounds of food at Walmart, Safeway and Savemart
- Installed new signage at the Food Bank
- Repainted all of the food storage shelves
- Resurfaced the floors inside the Food Bank
- Cleared weeds and brush around the OVFB neighborhood
- Created the new “Orangevale Rock” community landmark
- Repainted the Food Bank inside and out
- Painted 20 new food collection barrels
- … and much more!
What was accomplished is a testament to the generous nature of kind people banding together for a common cause, and we are so grateful to be the benefactor of so much hard work, love and new friendships. We look forward to reopening this week with a fresh face where our outside is now as welcoming as the community we volunteer alongside and serve.
For more photos, visit our Facebook page album, Serve Day 2014.